It all started last week. A coworker came to a meeting with gold nail polish. Every time she moved her hand, all I could see was the gorgeous gold. It was captivating. So last weekend, I went and got myself a gold manicure, too. Oh so pretty. And this weekend, I went gold round 2.
Now I find myself stopping to take note whenever I happen by a gold object. In Stacey-land, gold is in. I stop, I stare and I smile. Smile with me:
2. And wouldn’t this LOVE print look ah-mazing on that wall paper? They don’t come as a packaged deal, but they should.
3. I admit it: I’ve purchased not one, not two, but three knock-off versions of this watch. And #3 just broke. It might be time to bite the bullet and actually purchase the real thing. A guy-sized watch on a girl’s wrist is exactly the right kind of handsome. You know, the pretty kind.
4. This is the nail polish. And it’s named “Good as Gold.” Indeed it is!
5. I love how the gold pops off this crystal necklace.
6. This is a makeup pouch for your purse. I love that it’s shiny enough to find in the big black hole of the purse that I carry. And I can’t wait to use it on it’s own as a clutch, too. Imagine it with a flowing sundress and some gold sandals. Shimmery perfection!
7. My bedside table needs this phone. It’s the kind that plugs into your cell phone. And it’s all kinds of awesome.
8. Nesting bowls. I know food belongs in bowls, but in my studio apartment everything has to multi-purpose. I’m picturing one in the bathroom with cotton balls, one on my nightstand with that day’s jewelry, one on my counter for the mail and one for… good luck! What would you put in yours?
9. These pig bookends were on my Holiday 2012 wish list. I got lots of amazing presents, but alas, no little piggies came home to live with me. So consider these transplanted to my birthday wish list. May 29th.
10. Gold flatware. Oh, the decadence.
11. Gold rimmed water glasses. I’m picturing this with the kind of ice cubes where they’ve frozen edible flowers in the middle. It would look Domino magazine photo-shoot-styled beautiful.
And the ultimate in Gold: the Golden Girls’ theme song. Feel free to sing along as loud as you like:
And you? What color nail polish are you wearing these days? Does one item send you down a whole “I’m obsessed with this color” path, too? And are you also perpetually making birthday wish lists?
Until next time!