A couple of weeks ago, instead of putting together a collage of items that made me smile, I wrote a list of things happening in life that were making me smile. Truth be told, I’m much more into the list these days. I had a great time writing it. My plan is to try “The Smile List” as a list for awhile and see how that feels. Which is why this post is titled “The Smile List #2” since it’s the second Smile List in a list format.
Making me smile lately:
1) Perhaps you noticed my Facebook updates, but the hard drive on my computer died. My computer has been fixed and is working again. Hooray! I’m back.
Hello again! I missed you. I look forward to reading your blogs over the weekend. (Meanwhile, I did enjoy the accidental digital vacation and read far too many magazines).
In reading the magazines, I read the Editor’s note in the December issue of Glamour and she quoted her mentor as saying, “You have to dress up once in awhile just to remind them that you can.” I loved the quote and found it empowering (so much so that I tore it out to share with you).
2) I met Dawn in person over coffee with Adri. She is just as amazing as I suspected! Dawn wrote about her NYC trip here. She came to NYC with the “you are beautiful” stickers pictured above, which she wrote about here. I love the idea of using randomly placed stickers to spread the “you are beautiful” message.
3) Shonda Rhimes is writing a book. Being released in 2015. Between my love of Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, I can pretty much guarantee this as a future Likes to Smile Book Club selection.
4) Speaking of Likes to Smile Book Club Selections… I will be seeing my Aunt of said second novel publication next week for Thanksgiving. I better read her book before I see her! Will you be joining along in Likes to Smile Book Club Selection #5 for a little Chicago prohibition and flappers on December 4th?
5) Who else used to love the television show Clarissa Explains it All?! My sister and I were major fans growing up. Melissa Joan Hart has a novel out called Melissa Explains It All. I’m definitely putting this on my Kindle for my Thanksgiving flight back to Ohio.
6) The next time I play hostess, I’m sending all my friends home with a DIY version of these custom s’mores. How cute would it be to send everyone home with a bag full of ingredients to make toaster oven s’mores?! Je t’aime!
7) Katie included my selection in her Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts for your Best Girl Friends!
8) I can’t wait to play with this app for sending hand written notes!
9) While I believe that you can like “the pink and the pretty” and still be very smart and talented (it’s not an either/or to me), I love the message that girls can grow up to be anything. Especially scientists:
10) I’m grateful to everyone participating in #gratitudetweets. There is still time to join in! For the month of November, I’m tweeting one thing a day that I’m grateful for. What are you grateful for?
And you? What is making you smile this week?
Until next time!