I’m in a phase right now. There is a lot on my plate. I’m a tad bit overwhelmed (possibly a lot overwhelmed). My plate is over-flowing with to do’s that actually need to get done. I had one of those weeks where it felt like I moved backwards more than forwards (ever been there?). Alas, balance seems to be a bit missing. Anything non-essential has become part of my wish list: like blogging (ok, I snuck that in at 11:30pm on Thursday), and reading other blogs, watching this week’s Scandal and just reading.
Speaking of just reading… I don’t have a dog, but… can I claim the dog ate my homework?! There is no feasible way I can attend to everything that legitimately needs my attention and read Dollface by Monday. Which means I’m messing up Likes to Smile Book Club again. I would love some input: do I push the date back and save the discussion (likely until the New Year)? Do I invite those that read the book to guest post here? I would be thrilled to have anyone that read contribute a paragraph of thoughts and propose a question? Or a quote? I would love for Likes to Smile to be a forum for discussion. My heart aches that I announced book club and I’m letting my readers down by not having held up my end of the bargain. My sincerest and largest apologies. Generally I’m the girl that reads two books in one weekend, but life has just not allowed for me to tackle the “wish list” at the moment. So please advise, dear readers, how do I bridge this?
And despite all this, I still have a lot to smile about. Shall we get to the good part of this post?
Drumroll please. Let’s smile over…
1. I am healing from a sports injury where my doctor benched me. I was told to “sit still” and heal. But, baby, I’m back! I was released from the bench for swimming only. And oh! It feels so good! If you follow me on instagram (see above picture) you already know I got in some laps. Hoping to get in a few more this weekend. It’s amazing to be active again and feel more like myself.
2. Everyone who participated in #gratitudetweets. You made me smile all November long. As a thank you for all the smiles they gave me, I’m linking to their blog. Go show them some love from me. They are all amazing! Gratitude for participating to (in no order whatsoever): Susie, Allyssa, Betsy, Kira, Tazim, Rachael, Jaime, Jenn, Alicia, Katie, Moira & Ari. (If I missed you, please tell me, I want to add you to the list. Accidental oversight, I promise.)
3. Susie gave me a shout out in her Overheard at Starbucks poem on Tuesday.
4. Macy’s page six ad has me determined to go spend money in their store as a show of support. As Macy’s stated (full story here):
“Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has always spotlighted the best of Broadway since the ’60′s, and this year is no exception,” the rep said. “As 2013′s Tony award-winning best musical, ‘Kinky Boots’ is not only a hit with Broadway fans, but Black Friday shoppers… Please have them call us and we’ll set them up with our personal shoppers.”
5. We all know I love me some Kid President. His is the only holiday wishlist you need. The best gifts are time and bear hugs. Agreed!
6. One of my graduate school friends is coming to town for the weekend and staying with me. I’m very much looking forward to the girl talk!
8. Adri posted her wedding pictures from her October wedding. Mazel tov! And a very Likes to Smile Je t’aime! Go read the post, she’ll have you at the wine box ceremony. I promise.
Once again, please accept my apologies on Book Club. I’m mortified.
I’m uncertain whether or not I will have time to blog next week. But know that I adore you all. To all the bloggers out there, I’m looking forward to reading every word I missed one day soon! Emphasis on soon.
And you? What is making you smile these days? Are you giving out bear hugs for the holidays?
Until next time!