If We Were Having Coffee

I read this really fun blog about what we might tell one another over coffee. The daydreams began. I started imagining all the things I would tell all of you over a cup of coffee.

Coffee Chatter // Likes to Smile

(image)

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I’m obsessed with wearing my Jawbone and tracking how many steps I’ve taken each day. But my favorite part is that it compares sound sleep to light sleep. Incredible! Despite my love of the data (and I so love the data), this hasn’t yet transpired into my actually taking more steps. Maybe one day soon?

If we were having coffee, I would tell you I purchased Vogue just because Kim and Kanye were on the cover.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I’m really looking forward to an upcoming work trip to D.C., because I will have time for the spy museum. Television and movies coming to life?! Or so I imagine?! Ah-mazing!

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I’m giddily happy that it’s officially warm enough to declare it frozen yogurt season. Froyo, for the win.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I find it really comforting to write blogs in WordPress.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I’m planning a trip to the top of the Empire State Building. It’s time to take that off the New York City bucket list.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I’m still shopping for sconces to read in bed. Though, this one has caught my eye and may just be the official winner.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I really want to read Judy Greer’s new book.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that this is the next craft I make. I’m going to use the phrase “Relax Your Heart.”

If we were having coffee, I would ask all about you!

And you? What would you tell me over coffee?

Until next time!

xoxo
Stacey

Comments

1. Thanks for mentioning my post! I loved reading your version of this. I definitely have never even considered buying an issue of Vogue until Kim and Kanye were on the cover. And I’m with you on wanting to read Judy Greer’s book. I love her!

• Stacey says:

Of course!! I read your blog ALL the time! You are a fantastic and captivating writer! xoxo

2. So funny, I just read a completely different blog with this premise! Great minds, and all. Spy museum sounds awesome! Last week, Judy Greer was on the Dinner Party Download podcast and now she’s at the top of my list of celebrities I’d like to meet- she sounds really cool and normal.

• Stacey says:

Judy Greer was on Dinner Party Download?! WOW!! I’m going to have to check it out! I love her! Who else is on your list of celebrities you want to meet? Thanks for reading! xoxo

3. Crucial detail that could alter the conversation entirely! And what is the setting?! Is this a coffee shop? Kitchen table?
    One of my favorite cups of coffee is outside, in the morning. There’s a bit of morning chill but not unbearable; just enough to make you appreciate the warmth of the coffee. Early that it’s daylight but the sun hasn’t come over the trees yet and not many humans are stirring yet to make too much noise.

• Stacey says:

Now wait a minute….you have different types of coffee talk depending on where the coffee is consumed? Fascinating! I’m completely intrigued. You might have actually just spawned a whole new blog idea…

Coffee by the lake at camp is the best kind of cup.

4. Yay for checking things off your bucket list! The view from the top is amazing! And I love the sconce by the way. It’s so unique! When I see it though, all I picture is my cats swatting at the hanging bulb. Guess I could never get away with it.

• Stacey says:

Hi hi! So I saw the light in real life before I ordered it and it’s gorgeous, but… it is not enough light to read by in bed. Next… One day soon I’ll solve this sconce problem :)

Hope you’re having a great weekend! xoxo

5. I’m so curious about my sleep patterns. That’s the main reason I’m tempted to get something like Jawbone or Fitbit! If I could actually sit down for a straight 30 minutes and have a coffee, I’d probably blabber on about a zillion different dreams bouncing around in my head right now…travel plans, business ideas, 1-2-3-4-5-years-down-the-line plans, a new apartment and so on.

• Stacey says:

Hi hi!! It seems like our brains move at exactly the same speeds! I can only imagine our coffee talk! Do you also mentally decorate apartments whenever a catalog arrives in the mail? The sheer number of times this apartment has been redecorated in my brain… :)

Hope you’re having a great Sunday!

xoxo

6. Love this! I’d love to have some coffee with you! And I would tell you all about my weird dog, my travels and all of my future plans.

7. wait, when are you coming to DC? I missed this! also, YES to the Judy Greer book.

• Stacey says:

Hi hi! I am actually coming to D.C. tomorrow! I’m in town for about 18 hours and think it’s going to be all work (otherwise I would have reached out for us to meet in real life). I might not make it to the museum after all. But, I will let you know the next time I’m in town for an actually decent amount of time– would love to get coffee!

And isn’t Judy Greer the best? I’ve downloaded the book, but I haven’t started reading it yet!

xoxo
      Stacey

8. I’m going to have to check out Jawbone. I was thinking of getting a FitBit, but I like how Jawbone tracks your sleep I’m not sure if FitBit does. We are going to DC this summer and my sister-in-law was just telling me how they loved the spy museum. I love the waterlouge app and made a watercolor of my dog with it, but I hadn’t thought about quotes. Love “Relax your heart” quote. I think I’m going to have to make one now too. I’ll be back in NYC the end of June with my daughter and friends so I hope we get to have a cup of coffee :)

• Stacey says:

Hi Dawn!!

I did a lot of research on both the FitBit and Jawbone and they were almost identical in research (for what I was looking for) – so I settled on the Jawbone because I liked the app better. Meanwhile, I am still loving it! Let me know if you end up getting one and what you think. I’m curious!

YES! Please let me know when you are in NYC. I would love to get another cup of coffee!!

xoxo
      Stacey

9. Laura Beth says:

Stacey!! I have landed in Florida and am settling into this new scene. Thanks for the digital coffee date today. I’d be quick to talk about how wearing a sundress every day makes me smile so wide and that I’ve avoided the grocery store for no particular reason. As for NYC, I’ll be traveling there in November. Mayhaps, we should cross paths? :)

• Stacey says:

Laura Beth!!

It’s the best to hear from you! One day we’ll have to have coffee in real life! Definitely let me know when you will be in NYC – we must meet up :)

Wearing a sundress every day in the summer makes me really happy too, rock ‘em girl!

Also, I avoid the grocery store frequently!!

Sending you my best!

xoxo
      Stacey

10. I’m super curious about my sleep patterns too. This last week I noticed I was tired a lot, but I think that’s partly because I wasn’t sleeping soundly through the night, or struggling to fall asleep.

The spy museum is fun! I ran out of time during my visit to see the exhibit I really wanted to see, so I’ll have to go back next time I’m home. Excited to hear about your visit.

If we were having coffee, I’d probably talk to much about Grover, all the random blogging ideas floating around my head, chickens and gardening, and bounce all kind of project ideas off you! We should definitely have coffee in real life sometime!

• Stacey says:

Hi Jenn!!!

It is SO SO SO good to hear from you!! And I would LOVE to have coffee one day soon in real life!

As to the sleep patterns, it’s my favorite thing about the Jawbone! It really calms me down because sometimes I find out I slept better than I thought I did. It’s SO interesting! (“so” is my favorite word today).

I’m only in D.C. for about 18 hours, so I’m hopeful I’m going to make it to the spy museum. That trip is tomorrow, so we’ll see…

And if we were having coffee…I would want to hear all of that! And would love to bounce project ideas off one another, too!

Hope you’re doing great!!

xoxo,